Looking to market your small business without breaking the bank? You don’t necessarily need to hire an expensive Madison Avenue ad agency to get results. Today, we take a look at 7 low-budget marketing ideas that can help you get the word out and grow your business.
- Email Your Customer Base – One of the easiest ways to stay top of mind with your customers is to send them a weekly e-mail with promotions/offers that entice them to purchase your goods or services. Email marketing tools like MailChimp can help you get started.
- Sponsor an Organization – Increase your exposure and give consumers a positive feeling about your business by associating yourself with a worthwhile cause or organization. As an added bonus, most local organizations are relatively inexpensive to sponsor.
- Set Up Joint Promotions with Other Businesses – Cross-promoting with another small business is a great way to increase your brand awareness while simultaneously decreasing marketing costs.
- Create a Referral Program – Turn your customers into brand ambassadors. Build loyalty by rewarding current customers while simultaneously encouraging them to help you find new ones.
- Apply for Business Awards – This is an effective and affordable way for you to get positive PR for your business while also lending it credibility. If you do win an award, mention it in your marketing efforts going forward.
- Search Engine Optimization – Having a website doesn’t do you much good if consumers aren’t finding their way to it. SEO increases your website’s visibility within search engines, driving more visits and increasing sales.
- Leverage Social Media – This is one of the most cost effective ways to market your business. Get online and stay top of mind with your existing customers by keeping them aware of your latest promotions. Plus, expand your reach to attract new customers.
Don’t feel you have to tackle all of these marketing tips at once … just choose the ones you think will work best for your particular business and focus on those. The sooner you start marketing, the sooner you’ll see a measurable uptick in your sales.